Oclansorb® Oil Absorbent
- Category: Oil Absorbent
- Manufacturer: Hi-Point Industries
- Packaging: 13 or 44 litre bag, sorb-sox, pillows
- Brochure: oclansorb.pdf
An All- Natural, Environmentally Safe Product
Sometimes, the absorbents you use to clean up an oil spill can be more of a problem than a solution. Conventional absorbents work slowly when applied to a spill and may release the oil. Oclansorb® absorbs on contact to contain the spill. Because of its high and immediate absorbency, it saves valuable clean-up time. Oclansorb is the original peat moss absorbent. It is the highest quality, and has not been successfully duplicated. Oclansorb has open chambers which encapsulate hydrocarbons. No leaching, no residue will be left to clean up
- Made from naturally occurring blond sphagnum peat moss.
- 100% organic, non-toxic, non-abrasive, biodegradable.
- Meets and exceeds North American Leachate Standards.
- Encapsulates oil which prevents harmful agents from sticking to innocent victims of oil spills. Oclansorb protects wildlife.
- Can be disposed of in landfills or by incineration, in accordance with regulatory authority guidelines.
- Producing less waste. Oclansorb is highly absorbent, so little product is required.
- Does not absorb water (hydrophobic) and quickly absorbs oil for immediate clean up (oleophilic).
- 1 lb absorbs 1 gallon of oil.
- 1 bag (18 pounds) of Oclansorb replaces 450-pounds of clay.
- Inexpensive disposal, as Oclansorb can be placed in landfills or incinerators, local regulations permitting.